June 21-22, 2019
Join us in June for Ribs on the River, a Kansas City Barbecue Society sanctioned event. There will be bands, entertainment, and a Barbecue Cook Off! Two divisions, including Amateur (Backyard BBQ style) and Masters Competition.
Friday, June 21st Timeline
- 6:00pm Inaugural Ribs on the River Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned BBQ competition opens. Join us for dinner and great music! The Police and Fire Departments will be providing food as a fundraiser for new equipment.
- 6:00 to 10:00p Black Suede (Classic Rock)
- 10:00p Event closes for the Day
Saturday, June 22nd Timeline
- Noon Ribs on the River 2019 opens Area Organizations will be selling food to raise money for their various missions.
- Noon Garden Party (California Country Rock, Oldies, Classic Country, Classic Rock)
- 11:55 – 1:35 Master's Judging
- 1:55 – 2:35 Amateurs judging
- 3:00 Announce winners for the Masters Competition
- 3:30 Announce winners for the Amateurs Competition
- 4:00 Butch Wax and the Hollywoods (Classic songs from the 50's, 60's and 70's) (Recently voted The #1 Band in Missouri)
- 4:30 Fruit Pie Judging Come show off your baking skills and enter your favorite fruit pie.
- 5:30 Announce winners for the Pie Competition
- 7:00 Inaugural Ribs on the River Competition closes
© Louisiana Visitors and Convention Bureau. Website Developed by Beth Firsching Design